THIS FORM MAY ONLY BE USED TO WITHDRAW A COUNCIL TAX APPEAL. To withdraw a business rates appeal you need to contact the Valuation Office Agency.

A separate form must be completed for each appeal that you wish to withdraw.

The VTE will treat this appeal as withdrawn on the date they receive the application form.

The regulations allow a party to apply in writing for the appeal to be reinstated within one month of the date this form is received by the VTE.

Please contact us if you have any questions or need any help completing this form. Our address and phone number are shown at the end of the appeal form.

If you would prefer to download a form and complete it offline, please click here.

Made in accordance with The Valuation Tribunal for England (Council Tax and Rating Appeals) (Procedure) Regulations 2009 SI No.2269

  • Please select from the drop down list the name of the billing authority (council) where the property involved in the appeal is located. This is the council that issues the council tax or rates bill for that property.
  • Please write your full name in the space provided. (If you are filling in this form for someone else, please write their name in the space.)
  • Please write the address and postcode of the property involved in the appeal in the space below.