Administrative Court –

Association of Drainage Authorities –
(information on drainage boards, their functions and responsibilities)

British and Irish Legal Information Institute –
(case law)

Citizens Advice –
(confidential and independent advice on a wide range of issues)

Communities and Local Government –
(Government department responsible for setting policies and regulations for council tax and non-domestic rates; our sponsoring Department)

Government –
(the government information and public service website)

House of Commons –
(members and ministers – should you wish to contact your MP)

Information Commissioner –
(provides guidance on freedom of information and data protection for personal information)

Institute of Revenues Rating and Valuation –
(professional body regarding council tax and non-domestic rating matters)

Law Society –
(organisation which represents solicitors in England and Wales and offers help and advice)

Legal aid –
(civil legal aid scheme)

Legislation –
(full text of regulations)

Local Government Ombudsman –
(investigates complaints against local councils)

National Assembly for Wales –
(Welsh government website)

Parliamentary and Health Services Ombudsman –
(deals with complaints against UK government departments and organisations)

Rating Surveyors’ Association –
(specialists in the non-domestic rates field)

Residential Property Tribunal Service –
(hears disputes over rent and leasehold matters)

Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors –
(advice on land, property, construction and environmental issues)

Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) –
(hears appeals against Valuation Tribunal decisions (the website also includes copies of decisions since 1/1/2000))

Valuation Office Agency –
(information on council tax bands, rateable values and how to challenge them)

Valuation Tribunal Service for Wales –
(our counterpart organisation for Welsh appeals)