Achievement of objectives and key performance indicators
The VTS business plan outlines the vision and objectives for the organisation. The Board and the sponsor team receive a performance report quarterly at meetings. This report is aligned to our objectives and details our performances in each of the key strategic areas, namely:
- support the VTE in providing independent, open, fair and impartial hearings;
- keep people fully informed and enable them to resolve their disputes as quickly as possible;
- adopt high standards of behaviour and always strive to improve, by listening and responding to feedback;
- use consistent, proportionate, cost effective procedures that give value for taxpayers’ money;
- collaborate effectively with stakeholders and deliver Ministers’ priorities.
Of the 21 objectives set in 2015-16, 15 were fully achieved. More details are shown in the VTS Annual Report. Eight of these objectives were set as key performance indicators and four were met or exceeded. These were selected as being important for us as a service delivery organisation and derived from stakeholder expectations and requirements made known, for example, in responses to our tribunal user surveys.